Participating in Chamber Committees is a great way to gain maximum value of your membership investment by broadening your relationships with other business professionals and government leaders. Learn more about the issues and trends impacting your business and help your company gain a strong position in the Athens area.
To join, your business must be a member of the Athens Area Chamber of
Commerce and must be located Uptown within the Union, College, Court, Washington, East State (from College Street to Court Street), West State,
and Congress Street corridor. Yearly dues are $55 and meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 9:30 am in the Mayor’s Conference Room in City Hall.
- Be a part of the decisions making process affecting the uptown area
- Receive up-to-date information on the programs/projects being planned for uptown
- Special event advertising packages are available to AUBA
- Network with other business owners, city officials, and Ohio University administration
- Each month, an AUBA member will be selected for special recognition of “Spotlight Business of the Month”
- Take part in special events AUBA sponsors like Sidewalk Sales, Home for the Holiday’s Tree Lighting, and Trick or Treat on Court Street for children
$55 Membership Dues Payable to AUBA
Mail membership to:AUBA c/o
Athens Area Chamber of Commerce
449 East State St., Athens, OH 45701
Each month a local official is invited to sit in on an informal Roundtable discussion of
policies, policy implementation, and current issues and concerns. This is a very energized, positive and proactive meeting between officials and business leaders. This committee meets the first Wednesday of every month at 8:00 am in the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce conference room. Please contact Wendy if you are interested in attending these informational sessions.
Chamber Ambassadors are a vital part of the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce. They volunteer at Chamber events including the Annual Dinner, Golf Outing, Steak Fry and Auction, and participate in ribbon cutting ceremonies and, on occasion, visit new or existing businesses.
Chamber Ambassadors meet on the third Tuesday of each month at 11:30 am at various locations.
Chamber Promotions and Special Events Committee members are important to the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce. They promote Chamber events and special activities in the county. The Chamber Promotions and Special Events Committee meets at 8:00 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the Chamber conference room. For more information, please contact Michelle.
Header Photo Credit: Tim Martin – Athens, Ohio