A Subsidiary of the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce
449 East State St.
Athens, OH 45701
Why become a member?
- You can be a part of the decisions affecting the uptown area by participating in the decision making process. Monthly meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month at 8:30 am in the Mayor’s Conference Room in City Hall.
- Receive up-to-date information on the programs and projects being planned for uptown Athens.
- Special advertising packages are given to AUBA members for programs and events. Save money on advertising when you join!
- Opportunities to network with other business owners, city officials, and Ohio University administration.
- Get noticed! Each month an uptown business will be selected from the AUBA membership for the special recognition of ‘Spotlight Business of the Month”.
- Take part in special events that AUBA sponsors. This is a chance to bring customers to the uptown area and highlight what you have to offer.
2011 Annual Tree Lighting Festivities
What a great night! If you missed the annual Tree Lighting Festivities, you can watch it here, courtesy of our friends at The Athens News! The video is directly under the calendar on the right side of The Athens News page.
You can also see the photo gallery for the Santa pictures here.
Some AUBA events include:
- Sidewalk Sales
- Holiday Tree Lighting
- Cruise In
- and our newest event, Boogie on the Bricks!
The Fred Cluff Uptown Pride Award
The Athens Uptown Business Association also presents The Fred Cluff Uptown Pride Award, in honor of the late Fred Cluff, owner of Baron’s. This quarterly award will be given to a business that promotes the pride and beautification of uptown Athens. Only AUBA members vote on this prestigious award.
How do I join?
- Your business must be a member of the Athens area Chamber of Commerce and located Uptown.
- The AUBA yearly dues are $55 and business must be located within the Union, College, Court, Washington, East State (from College Street to Court Street), West State, and Congress Street corridor
- Please send your membership fee to: The Athens Area Chamber of Commerce, 449 East State St., Athens, OH 45701
Athens Uptown Business Association 2012 Membership
Athens Book Center
Athens City Police
Athens County HS & M
Bagel Street Deli
Brenen's Coffee Cafe
City of Athens
College Book Store
CollegeBS – Cross Court
Court Street Coffee
Fluff Bakery & Catering
Hocking Valley Bank
Keith Chapman Jewelers
Little Professor Bookstore
Mollica Gall Sloan & Sillery
Ohio Realty- John Wharton Chairman 2010, 2011, 2012
The Other Place