Join the Ambassador Team and make a difference for yourself, your business, and your community!
The Ambassador Team is a volunteer group of recognized professionals who interact with fellow Athens Area Chamber members to provide information and answer questions about the Chamber and serve as an additional resource and communication link between the Chamber and its members.
Ambassador Team Mission
To support the Athens Area Chamber’s mission by helping to grow and maintain a strong membership base, through the innovation and implementation of activities that will support membership recruitment, engagement, and retention.
- Enjoy unsurpassed opportunities to network and make important business contacts.
- Bring recognition to yourself and your business through increased visibility at Chamber programs and events and through acknowledgement in Chamber communications.
- Make a difference in the business community through increased exposure to and participation in Chamber and community initiatives.
- Receive a professionally printed name badge to identify you as an Athens Area Chamber representative while volunteering at events and visiting member businesses.
Must be an employee of an Athens Area Chamber member business in good standing and must have the approval of direct supervisor. Participation is limited to one representative per company, except in cases where two representatives from one company are already fully participating members of the Ambassador team. Business must have been a member of the Athens Area Chamber for at least one year; and employee must have been employed there for at least six months. Must have flexible schedule and be able to devote time each month to participate in required ambassador activities.
Ambassador Selection Process
Ambassadors are selected through an application process for a full term or presidential appointment. Applicants are evaluated on application information, professionalism, and Chamber involvement. Applications are due Friday, February 5, 2022.
Term of Service
Two years with opportunity to continue longer based upon performance, chamber needs, etc. Application renewal every two years. Ambassadors serving by presidential appointment may have the opportunity to continue after successful completion of first year.
- Attend a one-hour orientation and training session.
- Attend a one-and-a-half-hour team meeting on the designated Tuesday of each month at 11:30 am.
- Help welcome new members by reviewing membership benefits and acquainting them with the Athens Area Chamber as necessary.
- Contact members, as assigned, by phone or in person to assist with member engagement and retention on a quarterly basis.
- Assist at Athens Area Chamber events as schedule permits, assisting with greeting, registration and member engagement. Must be able to attend and help out at no less than one event per year.
- Represent the Chamber at ribbon cutting events in the community as schedule permits. Must be able to attend at least one ribbon cutting a year.
- Identify, refer and help recruit new Athens Area Chamber members and ambassadors.
- Provide support and assistance for other activities/events that the Athens Area Chamber conducts.