Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield offer savings on employer healthcare programs.
Our Anthem Chamber Plan insured group members will be largely unaffected by the changes related to the Marketplace open enrollment. The new Health Insurance Marketplace effective January 1, 2014 is primarily focused on providing low cost options for individuals and families. The Marketplace will provide many plan options from several top insurance companies, all displayed at one website. For those individuals and families with household income below 400% of the federal poverty level (FPL), government subsidies will be available to reduce premium costs. For example, a family of four earning less than $94,000 per year and an individual earning less than $46,000 per year will qualify for government help. These same subsidies are not available if insurance is purchased through a group. Marketplace quotes will be available after October 1, 2013 for January 2014 enrollment.
For those Chamber Groups who do not offer coverage to their employees referring them to a local agent for enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace could be a positive for your employees.
Chamber employers who utilize the Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield group discounted program can continue the program into 2014 and beyond. Anthem will continue to provide discounts due to the Central Ohio Chamber of Commerce Health Care Alliance. We recommend you talk to your agent to make sure you understand new components in the law such as the Individual Mandate, the Employer Mandate (delayed until 2015) as well as the requirement to provide employees with Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) regarding your plan.
Please call us for more information on Health Reform and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. For questions regarding group insurance call 1-888-506-1574. For questions regarding the individual Marketplace call 1-866-397-7275.
Central Ohio Chambers of Commerce Plans
Administered by Shawan Marquis Agency
Call Erin Gatto to learn more: 888-506-1574
The benefits of Blue View Vision are clear
Eye doctors are often the first to discover signs of chronic health conditions during an eye exam. That’s why it’s important for your employees to have access to Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s industry-leading vision plan.
Blue View VisionSM is included in all Anthem small group health plans and includes benefits for both children and adults.
- Adult plans include coverage for routine eye exams. Standalone vision material plans are also available and include coverage for eyewear.
- Pediatric benefits include full Essential Health Benefit coverage for routine eye exams and eyewear.
- Access to one of the largest vision care networks in the industry. Choice of more than 33,000 eye doctors at over 26,000 locations.
- Our national network includes a wide selection of independent eye doctors, as well as online and regional retailers, or members can visit Glasses.com, ContactsDirect, 1-800 CONTACTS, LensCrafters®, Pearle Vision®, Sears Optical®, Target Optical® and JC Penney® Optical stores.
- Discounts available from network providers.
- Clinical and administrative integration with medical plans including one ID card and one account team.
You can learn more by watching our short Blue View Vision video. Ask your Anthem Sales representative for more information.