Let the Chamber help you promote your business or organization to incoming Ohio University students and their parents!
DEADLINE has been extended until noon (12:00pm) on Wednesday, may 24!
Every June, Ohio University runs a month of orientation activities for incoming students called the Bobcat Student Orientation (or BSO). During that month, the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce staffs a table at the BSO Resource Fair in the Baker Center Ballroom. This resource fair gives students and their parents the chance to learn about groups and activities at OU, and we use our table to help introduce this large group to Athens and to encourage patronage of our local member businesses.
This is an invaluable opportunity for our members to get their brands and names out in front of the next class of students AND their parents at the same time, and so this year, we want to invite ALL of our member businesses to participate!
We will have an extra table at the resource fair this year that we will be sharing with Visit Athens County, and so we invite you to participate by providing us with something that we can set on that table for students/their parents to take.
- Menus/service brochures
- Stickers (very popular at last year’s resource fair!)
- Buttons (another item that seemed popular with students)
- Items with your logo
We will have limited space on the table, so please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- If you are providing an ad/menu/sticker/paper item, please make sure that it is a quarter page size (3.5″ x 4.75″) or less.
- If you wish to provide a swag item, please please contact us to discuss before ordering so we can make sure the item can fit on our table. Please call 740-593-9353 or email email@example.com
- Amounts: Official numbers for the OU Class of 2027 have not yet been released, but last year the incoming freshman class was 4,400, so we’re safely estimating that approximately 4,000 students will cycle through this year’s BSO events.
- Please keep in mind that some items will go more quickly than others (for instance, we’ll go through more stickers than coffee mugs), which is why we suggest you contact us first should you wish to order a swag item.
DEADLINE has been extended until
noon (12:00pm) on Wednesday, may 24!!!
We will need the items delivered to the Athens Area Chamber’s office in the Innovation Center by Wednesday at 12:00pm (Noon).