JOIN US ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST FOR A FUN AND LIVELY NIGHT AT CELEBRATE ATHENS AUCTION & DINNER!
Join us on Thursday, September 21st at 4:30pm at the Dairy Barn Arts Center as we celebrate what makes the Athens area special while also raising funds for the Chamber to continue our mission to strengthen the Athens area business community.
Celebrate Athens Auction & Dinner will continue our “Year of Our Members” focus by bringing to you a wide array of silent and live auction items that illustrate the vibrancy of our member businesses and organizations, like exclusive experiences and unique goods and services (scroll down for a sneak peek of some choice auction items!). We’ll also be amping up the fun with features like a photo booth, provided by A-Roc Entertainment.
Our meal this year celebrates the culinary diversity of Athens by featuring selections from several of our members. Appetizers will be prepared and provided by Ciro Italian Kitchen and Bar; our main course – steaks and portobello mushrooms grilled on-site and a baked potato bar – will be provided by Texas Roadhouse; and dessert will feature a variety of cupcakes – including flavors like Orange Dreamsicle, Lemon Up, Butter Pecan Moonshine, and Cookies and Cream – made for us by Bakery 323.
While socializing during cocktail hour, attendees will have the opportunity to bid on one-of-a-kind items and services in the silent auction. The silent auction will only run from 4:30 to 5:30pm, so be sure to get there early to get your bids in! Then the excitement ramps up during dinner with the live auction, where Bill L’Heureux will serve as our MC and energetically lead attendees to try to outbid each other for some amazing packages and experiences – check out the preview of some choice items below!
We extend our thanks to our generous sponsors, whose support has shown their dedication to the Chamber’s mission to strengthen the Athens business community. Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors: Anthem/SOCA and OUCU Financial; our Gold Sponsors: Holzer, Ohio University Innovation Center, and QuidelOrtho; our Silver Sponsor: Mark Porter Autogroup; Bronze Sponsors: Airclaws, Career Connections, and Herlihy Moving & Storage; and our Supporting Sponsors: Area 14 Workforce Development Board and Marietta Hospice.
Check out more details and a list of all of our generous sponsors at athenschamber.com/celebrate-athens-2023.
How will you participate?
AUCTION ITEMS SNEAK PEEK
Ohio Athletics Football Package
- Authentic Ohio Football
- Includes 4 Pre-game Sideline Passes (1 hour before kickoff until game time) and the Chamber President will join the donors on the sideline
- If claimed by a non-ticket holder, General Admission tickets will be provided for the game
- Valid for the game vs. Western Michigan on Saturday, Oct. 21 OR vs. Central Michigan on Wednesday, November 15
- Donated by Ohio Athletics
Weekend Stay for 4 at the historic Pilcher House ($1,400 value)
- Stay Friday through Sunday
- 2 bedrooms, 1,700 sq.ft.
- Located on East Union St. directly across from the Ohio University College Green
- Donated by Uptown Realty Group
Custom Designed Metal Sign ($1,200 value)
- Can be used for a business logo, name, or personal gift
- Work directly with an artist at AC Green Metalworks to design the metal sign, and then have it delivered directly to you* once it has been painted and finished (*will be delivered within the Athens area)
- Maximum size for the sign is 4′ x 4′
- Donated by AC Green Metalworks
Kona Ice Truck
- Perfect for a worker or community appreciation event!
- 1 hour, up to 40 servings
- For 2024 season, during office hours Monday through Friday
- Donated by Kona Ice
To explore how your business can participate in an auction, please contact Chelsea Clark-Bešić, Membership Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.