Athens Farmers Market celebrates their 50th year nourishing our community
The Athens Farmers Market celebrates their 50th year nourishing the community with special events starting June 4 and continuing throughout the summer and fall.
The AFM will host a variety of raffles, giveaways, kids’ activities, musical guests and other events such as Vendor Appreciation Day and Customer Appreciation Day. Raffles with baskets of local food and products will coincide with holidays including Father’s Day, Fourth of July, Veterans Day and others.
50th Anniversary celebration highlights include:
- June 4. 50th Anniversary celebration kickoff with visits from Rufus and Ohio Athletics, Southern Ohio Copperheads, kids activities and a remote broadcast by WSEO Wild Country 107.7 FM radio.
- Through June. In partnership with the Southeast Ohio History Center, From Farm to Table exhibit celebrates the rich agriculture and food culture of our region.
- June 18. Father’s Day: dad’s get a complimentary raffle ticket for a chance to win an AFM gift basket.
- June 25. Special guests include Rufus and Ohio Athletics
- July 2. Special guests include Veterans’ organizations. Veterans get a complimentary raffle ticket for a chance to win an AFM gift basket.
- July 9. Ohio Brew Week. Special guests include Rufus and Ohio Athletics and the Southern Ohio Copperheads.
- July 23. Customer Appreciation Day with market merchandise giveaways. Special guest is Buckeye Fresh, with a remote broadcast by WSEO Wild Country 107.7 FM radio.
- August 13. National Farmers Market Week.
- August 18. Community Cookoff. Special guest is Buckeye Fresh.
- Sept 3. Vendor Appreciation Day, with a remote broadcast by WSEO Wild Country 107.7 FM radio.
- Sept 17. OHIO University Day. Students get a complimentary raffle ticket for a chance to win an AFM gift basket.
Want to be involved?
Tanya Hire, AFM Manager, encourages area non-profit organizations to participate as AFM guests by contacting the market at email@example.com
About the Athens Farmers Market
All market events occur in the front lot at the Market on State, 1002 East State Street, Athens, from 9am – noon. In addition to year-round Saturday markets, Wednesday markets run through Nov from 9-noon in the same location. SNAP/EBT accepted. Community Food Initiatives’ Donation Station also attends every Saturday market, accepting monetary and food donations to support distribution of healthy, local food to those facing food insecurity. Service dogs only. More information can be found on the AFM website: athensfarmersmarket.org